Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 5 - Blue!

My blue options were pretty bleak. In the 90's blue nail polish was HOT, and I kind of burned myself out on blue, so my blue nail polish consists of one color. Milani Neon Dude Blue, which I got on clearance for $2.00! The Dude Blue was used as my base coat. I used Jordana French Manicure White for the flowers, and Wet n Wild Mega Blast I Need a Refresh Mint as the center of the flower. I really need to get into the habit of making a video, or taking photos while I'm painting, to show you how it's done. The flowers are very easy, I took a medium sized nail dotter, dotted 5 dots in an oval shape. Then I took a toothpick drew lines from the middle of the petal to the center of the flower, added a dot of the I Need a Refresh Mint to the center and the flowers were done. The top coat I used is Hard Candy's Matte-ly in Love.





Below is a rose from my front yard, where I take most of my nail pictures. I love this variation of a rose, and thought I would share it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate all feedback, and promise to read each and every comment. Please also follow my blog, and check out my Facebook page. www.facebook.com/wildaboutpolish