Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 2 - Orange Nails!

Alright, Day 2. Oh.My.Goodness. So much to say about Day 2! Day 2 is orange, and again I bit off more than I could chew, had high expectations and not great results. But tomorrow is a new day!


Before I get to the unfortunate events of today, I'll get into what I used. For the base coat I used Sally Hansen's  Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Sun Kissed, and I did the "cloud" tip in Milani Neon, Awesome Orange. In retrospect I should have used white polish on the "cloud" tip first before the Awesome Orange, because it took 7 coats to give it a slight contrast. 

Let me tell you 7 coats takes soooooo long to fully dry! I mistakenly only let the surface dry before painting on another coat, but patience is definitely not my best virtue. Anyway, the polish was think and still wet in the middle. Side Note: My husband works on call as a delivery driver whom delivers prescriptions to patients homes. He can get a delivery call any day between 8-5pm. Our day to day routine is extremely sporadic, and never goes according to plan. Today, 30 minutes after I finished my nails, my Husband got a delivery call in which he needed to leave immediately for. Great part about his job is he can take me with him on some deliveries, and this one was one of them. I was still very aware of my not fully dried nails, and cautious of very move I made. We shut our front door, get in the car and Jason realizes he forgot his wallet inside. Long story short the door latch on our front door swung into the lock position apparently from the movement of us shutting our door. We were completely locked out, and as I was attempting to pry open one of our windows I completely fudged up my nails. Beyond repair. As we were in a hurry, I had to sport embarrassing nails in public, but we did finally get in our house. Well worth the sacrifice. And at least I took a few photos before the travesty. 

Needless to say I started yellow early, because it would just be silly to try the orange again. Stayed tuned for the yellow tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate all feedback, and promise to read each and every comment. Please also follow my blog, and check out my Facebook page. www.facebook.com/wildaboutpolish