Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 7 - Black and White!

I have to say this challenge has really been a great experience so far. There's still 24 days left, but I really feel that this has helped my skill immensely already.

I'm going to be taking another few days off. My husband is headed to L.A. for work, and he really wants me to go with him. We live in Chico, California, which is 2 hours north of Sacramento. It truly is a great area, but the weather is so much more amazing in Southern California. Tomorrow we will start our 8 hour drive, and spend a few days down there. Day 8 is Metallic, and I should be able to post that on Wednesday. Anyway, unto Day 7.


Here's my left hand. This hand is 100% better than my right, because I am right handed. I used Jordana French Manicure in White as the base coat on my left hand and Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black for the paw prints and the kitty. For the top coat I used Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat ( I just bought this at CVS when I was purchasing the violet polish for day 6, and I am head over heals in love with Seche, I will never used another top coat again.)

To make the paw prints, I started with the biggest nail dotter I have, and I made a triangle out of dots. Two dots (connected) on the bottom, and one dot (connected) on the top, then just added dots 3dots around it to create the paw print. For the cat I painted a half circle on my nail, added the ears, let is dry then added the eyes, nose and color in the ear. I debated whiskers, but I didn't want to mess up my already cute kitty.

On to my right hand.


I wish the cat would have turned out better, it kind of looks more like a chinchilla. Haha. But it's really hard to place the dots correctly, when using my left hand. For the base coat, I used Sally Hansen's Color Quick in Black. For the paw prints and the cat I used Jordana French Manicure in White

I must say these are my favorite nails I've done for this challenge so far. I'm really glad I get to wear these for a few days on our trip to L.A. Speaking of which, I wore my frog nails (Day 4 - Green) to Reno for a few days and that was a mistake, my nails were stained a lovely green for a few days. So I guess my lesson is don't wear the Milani Neon without putting a base coat on first.

Anyway, Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and look for a new post next week. Also follow me on Pinterest, as I pin my posts there as well, and post ideas and products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate all feedback, and promise to read each and every comment. Please also follow my blog, and check out my Facebook page. www.facebook.com/wildaboutpolish